JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, July 07, 2019

If God will be with me and protect me in this journey, He will be my God.

"In you and your descendants all the families of the earth will find blessing.  I am with you and will protect you wherever you go, and bring you back to this land. I will never leave you until I have done what I promised you." (Genesis 28: 14 - 15).

Monday of the 14th week in Ordinary Time. Our Daily Bible Verse is from Genesis 28. God chose Jacob instead of Esau to carry forward the Covenant and promises made to Abraham. We shall see that Jacob with developed commercial instincts is a worthy heir of Abraham. Listen to his answer to God:

“If God will be with me and protect me on this journey I am making and give me food to eat and clothes to wear,  and I come back safely to my father’s house, the Lord will be my God. This stone that I have set up as a sacred pillar will be the house of God. Of everything you give me, I will return a tenth part to you without fail.” (Genesis 28: 20 - 22).

How will God respond to this counter offer?

Our God is a Father who keeps His promises. Nothing is too marvelous for Him to do for those who love Him. God Never Fails.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2