JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Wherever you go, I will go.

“Do not ask me to abandon or forsake you! For wherever you go, I will go, wherever you lodge I will lodge, your people shall be my people, and your God my God.” (Ruth 1: 16).

Friday of the 20th week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Rose of Lima, Virgin. (1586 - 1617). Great beauty and talent but gave up all for the love of Jesus. The Lord rewarded her devotion by making her the first canonized saint in the Americas.

Our key Scripture for today are the brave words of Ruth to her mother-in-law, Naomi.  Unknown to Ruth, she had been chosen to be the great grandmother of King David and to become one of the three women in the Genealogy of Jesus Christ.

What can we learn from the character of Ruth? A spirit of sacrifice, hard work, loyalty and faithfulness. Although a stranger to the monotheistic religion of Israel, she no doubt fulfilled the ancient law enunciated by Jesus in our Gospel of today: "You shall love the LORD, your God, with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself." (Cf Matthew 22: 34 - 40).

"Teach me your paths, my God,
guide me in your truth." (Psalm 25: 4, 5).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2