JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Angel of God my Guardian and my Friend...

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father." (Matthew 18: 10).

Wednesday of the 26th week in Ordinary Time is the feast of Our Guardian Angels. God blessed me with Christian parents. One of the legacies they bequeathed to me is strong devotion to my Guardian Angel. As an active and adventurous boy, I know how many times my Friend saved me from peril. Today I honor my Guardian Angel with a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving.

This is what the Church says of Guardian Angels: "From its beginning until death, human life is surrounded by their watchful care and intercession. "Beside each believer stands an angel as protector and shepherd leading him to life." Already here on earth the Christian life shares by faith in the blessed company of angels and men united in God." (CCC 336).

"Receive, O Lord, the offerings we bring before you as we venerate your holy Angels, and graciously grant that under their constant protection we may be delivered from present dangers and brought happily to life eternal. Through Christ our Lord." (Offertory Prayer on the Feast of the Guardian Angels).

The Angel of God my Guardian and dear Friend, thank you for your protection. Continue to enlighten and guard me till my last breath. Amen!

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2