JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, December 01, 2019

Lord I believe Your one word can heal me.


“Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed." (Matthew 8: 8).

Monday of the 1st week of Advent. Our daily Scripture verse today will be familiar to many people. Have you ever paused to wonder what it means and why we say it before Holy Communion?

When Jesus offered to visit the Roman centurion and heal his sick servant, the centurion said: “Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed." We know the rest of the story.

The universal Church puts on our mouth the centurion's inspired words just before we receive Jesus in Holy Communion. Imagine the dialog:
Jesus: "I am eager to come into your heart and bless you deeply."
You: “Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and I will be healed."

Do you truly believe what you receive in the Eucharist? If you do not believe, your words are ineffectual. But if you believe, this could be your moment of miracle.

Won't you like to hear this sweet music? "And Jesus said to the centurion, “You may go; as you have believed, let it be done for you.” And at that very hour [his] servant was healed." (Matthew 8: 13).

Do not waste the opportunity of a miracle during Holy Communion.
"Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." (Hebrews 4: 16).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2