JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, December 26, 2019

What I have seen and heard this week.


"What we have seen and heard we proclaim now to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; for our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ." (1 John 1: 3).

Friday 27th December 2019 is the Feast of St John, Apostle and Evangelist. John wrote the fourth Gospel, three Epistles and the Book of Revelation. John is an eye witness and a credible witness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the will of God that we learn the truth of the Gospel from credible witnesses. The Church is the credible witness for over 2000 years. Countless crowds of witnesses.

Our Scripture text for today challenges me to ask: What have I seen?
+ I have seen the Church gathered for the Eucharist on Christmas Eve to celebrate the Birth of Jesus Christ.
+ I have seen people come up to receive the Eucharist with great reverence.
+ Today, I saw the majestic Cathedral, the Seat of the Bishop, a successor to St John the Evangelist, whose feast we celebrate today.
+ I have seen Jesus Christ in the person of the priest at the Altar.
+ I have seen Jesus in a homeless woman in the train station.

What have I heard?
+ I have heard the Good News proclaimed from the Altar.
+ I have heard it proclaimed on television, radio and music.

Father, we pray that with St John the Evangelist we may share in the hidden wisdom of your eternal Word which You reveal to us at the Eucharistic table. We ask this in the name of Jesus the Lord. Amen.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2