JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Believe what you read. Practice what you believe.


"Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deluding yourselves." (James 1: 22).

Wednesday 19th February 2020 in the 6th Week in Ordinary Time.

When I read James 1: 19 - 27 (our 1st Reading today), I was stung by two reproaches from the holy word.  "Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deluding yourselves." What is the Lord trying to tell me? I spent hours in the word of God every day. I try to go to Mass many days a week. I try to be an active member of the RCIA. But I do not go to the Soup Kitchen nor visit the sick or prisoners. There are other corporal and spiritual works of mercy I don't even think about.

Lord Jesus, I am encouraged when You talk of persevering in the word:

"But the one who peers into the perfect law of freedom and perseveres, and is not a hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, such a one shall be blessed in what he does." (James 1: 25).

Brethren, let us believe what we read. Let us teach what we believe. Let us practice what we believe and teach. Then we shall be immensely blessed by "the perfect law of freedom."

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2