JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, March 27, 2020

You need perseverance to enter the Kingdom of God.


"Blessed are those who,
with a noble and generous heart,
take the word of God to themselves
and yield a harvest through their perseverance." (Luke 8: 15).

Saturday 28th March 2020 of the 4th week of Lent. Our key Scripture is from the Gospel Acclamation. It has a very important message. Perseverance is the key to sustainable growth in the spiritual life. Perseverance now and all the way to Heaven.

How do you rate yourself on the virtue of perseverance? What percentage of new projects do you complete? 50%, 80%, 90%, 99%?
You may be surprised to learn that Jesus teaches in the Gospels that only 100% is the pass grade. Some dioceses require 100% attendance for young adults Confirmation classes. It is true. I have taught it for a number of years.

If you have a problem with finishing what you start, do not despair. Once upon a time, I became sad that I could never complete whatever I started: Bible Study, New Year resolutions, walkout programs, etc. Then it occurred to me that I could take this to Jesus in prayer. I prayed. Not one quick Hail Mary. I wrestled with Jesus over the issue possibly for a couple of years. I am happy to say that today my completion rate is close to 100%. One thing I must add is that I take counsel of the Holy Spirit before I embark on a new project.

As Jesus teaches, weigh carefully the cost of discipleship before you commit yourself. Once you put your hands on the plough and look back, you disqualify yourself.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2