JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

You chose me Jesus!


"It was not you who chose me, says the Lord, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last." (John 15: 16).

Thursday 14th May 2020, 5th Week in the Easter Season is the feast of the Apostle Matthias. (+ 64). The story of his election into the College of the Apostles to replace Judas is the first Reading today: (Cf Acts 1: 15 - 26). Matthias witnessed to Jesus in Palestine where he was stoned to death.

Our Scripture verse is from the Last Supper Discourse. Like the Apostles, each of us is called, chosen and anointed for a specific mission in the Kingdom. This is true whether we are soldiers, teachers, accountants, lawyers or housewives. Your day job is the field for your ministry. What is the appropriate response to Jesus? Let us be guided by the response of the Church:
"I will bear witness to You in the world O Lord.  I will spread the knowledge of Your name among my brothers and sisters.  (Psalm 17: 50 ; 21:23).

Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2