JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, May 02, 2020

My Good Shepherd is my Provider and Protector.


"I am the good shepherd, says the Lord; I know my own sheep and my own know me." (John 10: 14).

Sunday 3rd May 2020, 4th Sunday in the Season of Easter is the Good Shepherd Sunday.

What does it mean that Jesus Christ is our Good Shepherd?
The Church is a family, a sheepfold and Jesus is the necessary gateway into the Sanctuary. God has foretold in the Scriptures that God Himself would be the Shepherd of this flock and will appoint human beings to govern His flock. (Cf CCC 754).

What does it mean that we are the sheep of God's flock? The answer is in today's Responsorial Psalm 23:

"The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
Fresh and green are the pastures
where he gives me repose.
Near restful waters he leads me, to revive my drooping spirit."

Psalm 23 is the personal experience of King David. If the Lord is truly your Good Shepherd, if you recognize His voice and follow Him, you can claim and own all the promises of Psalm 23. This is what Jesus means when He says: "I have come that they may have life and have it to the full." (John 10: 10).

Go for the full life!

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2