JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, August 05, 2020

The great Feast of the Transfiguration.

"In a resplendent cloud the Holy Spirit appeared. The Father’s voice was heard: This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased. Listen to him." (Cf Matthew 17: 5 Entrance Antiphon).

Thursday 6th August 2020, 18th Week in Ordinary is the great Feast of the Transfiguration of the Lord.

What is the Transfiguration? In the presence of Peter, James and John, witnesses chosen by Him, Jesus' face and clothing became dazzling with light. Moses and Elijah were present conversing with Jesus.

Why the Transfiguration?
#1 To have 3 eyewitnesses to the testimony of the Father to Jesus as the beloved Son of God.
#2 To confirm the testimony of Moses and Elijah.
#3. To show clearly the divinity of Jesus as God.
#4 To reveal the future of mankind. We shall be like Jesus at the Resurrection.
#5 To note the command of the Father to listen to Jesus as the anointed authority of God's Word.

We cannot listen to Jesus without the power of the Holy Spirit. Are there any biblical and historical ways we can listen and discern the sure voice of our Shepherd speaking to us?

1. "I speak to you through the Scriptures."
2. "I speak to you through my holy servants."
3. "I speak to you through the Holy Eucharist."
4. "I speak to you directly through locution."
5. "I speak to you through dreams."

The Lord's personal message to you is called Rhema. Treasure this Utterance more than silver and gold. Your destiny is in the Message. I believe my Rhema is: "Seek first the kingdom of God and His holiness and I will take care of all your needs.

Listen to the voice of the Son as the Father commanded us.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2