JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, August 07, 2020

The Feast of St Dominic, OP.

"Then the Lord answered me and said: Write down the vision Clearly upon the tablets, so that one can read it readily. For the vision still has its time, presses on to fulfillment, and will not disappoint; If it delays, wait for it, it will surely come, it will not be late. The rash man has no integrity; but the just man, because of his faith, shall live." (Habakkuk 2: 2 - 4).

Saturday 8th August 2020, 18th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Dominic, OP (1170 - 1221). Priest. Spanish. St Dominic founded the Order of Preachers. This religious order has contributed to the mission of the Church for some 800 years. The Dominicans promote Scripture study and the Holy Rosary.

Have you ever waited on God for something absolutely essential to your life and happiness? Fruit of the womb, a life partner, that job, etc? Then you should write out our key Scripture for today and post it in strategic locations in your home.

"Write down the vision Clearly upon the tablets, so that one can read it readily. For the vision still has its time, presses on to fulfillment, and will not disappoint; If it delays, wait for it, it will surely come, it will not be late."
This Scripture is a gem of revelation. It reveals to us how God works.
#1. God does nothing until the fullness of time. (Ecclesiastes 3: 1).
#2 In the fullness of time God makes everything beautiful. (Ecclesiastes 3: 11).

You grow to know how wonderfully God is faithful only if you write down His promises and the date you receive them. In 2015, EWTN sent me a prayer request card for the Divine Mercy Novena on Divine Mercy Sunday. I wrote 4 critical needs and sent off the card. I placed a copy of my prayer intentions on the wall in my work area. I never looked at it till a few months ago. That is after five years! When I did, I was shocked. Every single one of the four petitions has been granted in a way far exceeding my wildest expectations. Think of this: what would have happened if I did not write it down and post it on the wall?
You might ask: why didn't I check on it from time to time? Little faith. I did not expect anything to happen. Today I have learned. My walls are full of small hand written notes of God's precious promises.

Our famous Scripture for today ends: "The rash man has no integrity; but the just man, because of his faith, shall live." Do you know what this means?

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2