JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

The Feast of St Robert Bellarmine of the Society of Jesus.

"By the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been ineffective." (1 Corinthians 15: 10).

Thursday 17th September 2020, 24th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Robert Bellarmine of the Society of Jesus. (1542 - 1620). Italian. Bishop, Cardinal, Apologist and Patron Saint of Catechists.

Robert Bellarmine resided in Rome during most of his work life. The poor of Rome came to know him well and called him "the new poor one," reminiscent of St Francis of Assisi. Bellarmine shared his table regularly with the poor of the city of Rome.

Bellarmine was the nephew of Pope Marcellus II.  St Robert Bellarmine was a renowned scholar, a great apologist and contributed immensely to the Council of Trent and the reforms mandated by the Council.
In spite of all these encomiums, Bellarmine could say with Paul:
"By the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been ineffective."

How about you? Can you say honestly: "By the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been ineffective." Can you defend the Catholic faith and all its practices? You may say: "I don't have the wisdom and the gifts of St Robert Bellarmine to do great things for the Church." Paul and Bellarmine recognized that without the grace of God, they could do nothing. The Holy Spirit is standing by waiting to be asked to be Your Helper, Friend, Advocate. He will help you clarify your purpose on earth and help you to accomplish it.
Jesus told us that the Father does not ration the Holy Spirit.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2