JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Humility is the doorway to Paradise.

"For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.” (Luke 14: 11).

Saturday 31st October 2020, 30th Week in Ordinary Time.

Jesus is in a dinner party and the principal guests recognized Him and were observing Him to see what He would do or say. Jesus was observing their manners. The crowd justled for recognition in order to show who is who? Jesus did not pass the opportunity to teach about humility. He teaches here that humility is a prudent virtue that will serve you well in social life.

Humility is also a key spiritual virtue to possess. St Augustine says that you can enter the Kingdom of God without chastity. You can never enter Heaven without humility.

How do we acquire humility? Many books have been written on this subject. I can only say how I try to acquire this great gift. I became conscious that people consider me not just arrogant but conceited. Very well, what do I do about this?
I decided to adopt a simple method that has worked for me in other areas. Prayer. I ask Jesus to make me humble. I pray to the humble Virgin of Nazareth to obtain this gift for me. I ask a number of my patron saints who are noted especially for their humility like St Martin de Poress to intercede for me on this. I do this every day. While I cannot boast that I am now a humble man, it doesn't bother me any more if people remind me rudely of my deficiency. I was having a heated discussion with a lady at Church recently and she said that I was very proud. I told her that the Lord Jesus knows about this very well because I talk to Him about it every day.

"Behold the maid servant of the Lord." All generations continue to call the Blessed Virgin Mary blessed.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2