JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, December 21, 2020

I dedicate this boy to serve You my God.

"Then Hannah spoke up: “Excuse me, my lord! As you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here near you, praying to the Lord.  I prayed for this child, and the Lord granted my request.  Now I, in turn, give him to the Lord; as long as he lives, he shall be dedicated to the Lord.” Then they worshiped there before the Lord." (1 Samuel 1:  26 - 28).

Tuesday 22nd December 2020, 4th Week of Advent.

How do I choose the key Scripture for our meditation? I read the passage for a number of times. I settle on the passage that contains a promise I desire or an action that I want to emulate. Or an event that is close to my experience. God uses the passage to nourish my faith.

This Tuesday, our key Scripture is the extraordinary generosity of Hannah, the mother of the Prophet Samuel. We know the story. Hannah was barren. She pleaded with God for a son. At last, the Lord heard Hannah and granted her little Samuel. When Samuel was 3 years old, Hannah brought Samuel to the Temple of the Lord and dedicated him to the Lord. She went home empty handed.

Where have we noticed such extravagant generosity to God?
#1 The Widow's Mite. (Mark 12:41–44, Luke 21:1–4).
#2 The Presentation of the Child Jesus in the Temple. (Luke 2:25–35).

What are the lessons for us from Hannah's gesture to God?

#1 You can never out do God in generosity.
#2 Do not be afraid to dedicate all your time, talent and treasure to God.

God raises the needy from the dust;
from the dung heap He lifts up the poor, to seat them with nobles
and make a glorious throne their heritage. (Cf 1 Samuel 2: 8).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2