JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, April 16, 2021

This is Jesus. Do not be afraid.

"But Jesus said to them [Apostles], “It is I. Do not be afraid.” (John 6: 20).

Saturday 17th April 2021, in the 2nd Week of Easter.

Jesus said to the Apostles who panicked on seeing Him walking on the sea towards their boat: “It is I. Do not be afraid.” Jesus puts them at ease by identifying Himself: "It is I." This expression could mean "I AM." His word, the self identification of Yahweh was enough to calm their nerves.

A word from God is enough to bring light, courage, peace and joy to our hearts. Once upon a time, I spent a night alone in a house in the countryside. The house had a wall round it with a gate. There were fruit trees in the backyard. About 1 am in the morning, I heard a large thud that sounded like some heavy person had jumped into the yard. I was deeply frightened. I sat on the bed in cold sweat wondering what to do. "Look for a heavy object like metal or wood to defend myself." At that moment, I heard these words in my heart:
"If the Lord does not watch over the city, in vain do the sentries defend it."

The full Verse is this:
"Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, The watchman keeps awake in vain." (Psalm 127: 1).
This is one of my favorite verses in the Scriptures. The Lord used the same Scripture I repeat so often to bring me peace that dark night.

Jesus used the Scripture I know to identify Himself." "I AM here. Do not be afraid." I went back to sleep and did not turn till about 7 am. When I checked the backyard to see what happened, I saw that it was a large breadfruit that had fallen down.

Jesus says to us always:
"It is I. Do not be afraid!" God is in His word. Those who memorize their favorite Scriptures are on to something very important. You do not know when they will come handy.

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2