JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Our heroes of Faith and Prayer in the Bible.

"Jesus said to them in reply, “Have faith in God.  Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him.  Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours." (Mark 11: 22 - 24).

Friday 28th May 2021, in the 8th Week in Ordinary Time.

I like our key Scripture for today very much because Jesus teaches with clarity on the subject of Prayer. I consider myself a beggar and in the course of the day, I am constantly asking God for many favors: heal my nerve pain in my left foot, show me the way to get to that location quickly, how do I do this, Lord and so forth and so on.

Jesus has taught throughout His public ministry that prayer works. Not just the petty prayers like the ones I make frequently. But also big ticket items: life and death issues, vocations and jobs, marriage and divorce, elections and the economy. Everything comes under God's powerful and merciful Divine Providence. This is true.  Jesus teaches that not even a single hair will fall from our head without our Father in Heaven knowing about it and permitting it.

Who are my heroes of faith and prayer in the Bible?
Bartimaeus, Cornelius, the Syrophoenician woman and Jairus. Jesus praised the faith of these people and their prayers were answered according to their faith.

Therefore pray with faith.
Pray with persistence.
Pray for God's will and purpose in your life.
Pray for grace to forgive all your enemies.
Pray always. Pray for everything. Pray everywhere.

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2