JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, July 04, 2021

The Feast of St Antony Mary Zaccaria.

"When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he said, “Truly, the Lord is in this place and I did not know it!”  He was afraid and said: “How awesome this place is! This is nothing else but the house of God, the gateway to heaven!” (Genesis 28: 16 - 17).

Monday 5th July 2021, in the 14th Week in Ordinary is also the feast of St Antony Mary Zaccaria (1502 - 1539). Italian. Priest. Antony founded the Clerks Regular of St Paul dedicated for the renewal of the clergy and laity. He died at the age of 36.

The Patriarch Jacob had a rapture-like dream in his travels in the area of Haran. He had a dream:
"A stairway rested on the ground, with its top reaching to the heavens; and God’s angels were going up and down on it.  And there was the Lord standing beside him and saying: I am the Lord, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you are lying I will give to you and your descendants." (Genesis 28: 12 - 13).

This dream changed the life of Jacob as he understood the implications for his life. He made a vow to God:  “If God will be with me and protect me on this journey I am making and give me food to eat and clothes to wear,  and I come back safely to my father’s house, the Lord will be my God."

Have you ever had a spiritual experience that changed your life? Our key Scripture invites us to be open to the experience of God always and everywhere because God is everywhere and ready to interact with us.

" When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he said, “Truly, the Lord is in this place and I did not know it!”  He was afraid and said: “How awesome this place is! This is nothing else but the house of God, the gateway to heaven!” (Genesis 28: 16 - 17).

"I have asked you to trust Me and to place in Me alone all your hope and all your dreams for happiness and peace. Seek Me, trust Me, and all the rest will be given you besides." (IN SINU JESU).

Your very home may be your shrine where you encounter God.

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2