JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Holy Rivals - Feast of Saints Pontian and Hippolytus.

"I brought your father Abraham from the region beyond the River and led him through the entire land of Canaan.... I led you out of Egypt.. “I gave you a land which you had not tilled and cities which you had not built, to dwell in; you have eaten of vineyards and olive groves which you did not plant.” (Joshua 24: 1 - 13).

Friday 13th August 2021, 19th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of a Pope and an anti Pope: Saints Pontian, Pope and Hippolytus, anti Pope (priest). St Pontian was elected Pope in 230 and St Hippolytus challenged him and set up himself as a rival. By a mysterious design of Divine Providence, both waring clerics found themselves in the the same prison at the same time. They reconciled and were martyred together under the Emperor Maximinus Thrax. (+ 235).

Our heavenly Father smiled upon Pontian and Hippolytus as He welcomed them into paradise because they heard the message of His Son, Jesus Christ and forgave "his brother from his heart."

Our key Scripture for today is from the first Reading (Joshua 24: 1 - 13). We have a very interesting Scripture to contemplate today.
God is the Lord of all history. He is also the supreme Teacher of all mankind. God gives a history lesson to Joshua, the new leader of Israel.

"I brought your father Abraham from the region beyond the River and led him through the entire land of Canaan.... I led you out of Egypt.. “I gave you a land which you had not tilled and cities which you had not built, to dwell in; you have eaten of vineyards and olive groves which you did not plant.”

What is the import of this history lesson for us?
Don't oppose my plan with regard to the movements of people in the world. Your forebears were once immigrants. You are where you are because of My mighty and merciful Providence. Be kind to widows, orphans and immigrants. "I AM the Lord your God."

"The vision has been shown to you; you have written it down. Now is the time to make it known. Hearts will be moved, and through the kindness of a multitude of little ones I will provide what is needed for My work to go forward. You have not been active enough in sharing—through writing, and by spreading what you have written—the work that I have entrusted to you. I do not call you to an activism that would exhaust you and draw you away from prayer but, rather, to a courageous engagement in the project that I have shown you, and that I yearn to fulfil, not as something for you alone, or even for your lifetime, but as a gift to My Church and My beloved priests. Write, spread the word, and then trust Me to open hearts. The support for the work will come, but it will come mostly from the little and the poor to whom I have given hearts of compassion for My priests who suffer." (IN SINU JESU page 207).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2