JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

The Feast of St Clare, Founder of the Poor Clares.

"Again, amen, I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything for which they are to pray, it shall be granted to them by my heavenly Father. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” (Matthew 18: 19 - 20).

Wednesday 11th August 2021 is the feast of St Clare. (1193 - 1253). Italian. At 18, Clare was not only beautiful but her parents were very wealthy. She gave up everything to follow the original Little One, Jesus Christ our Savior. Imitating St Francis of Assisi, the little poor man of Assisi, Clare embraced radical poverty. She founded the Poor Clares and modeled its constitution from what she learned from St Francis of Assisi.

I know one Poor Clare Nun, who made a great contribution to the world. Mother Angelica (+ 2016). She founded EWTN which is the only global Catholic Television Network in the world. For me, Mother Angelica is a saint in the making.

Jesus promises in our key Scripture : "Again, amen, I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything for which they are to pray, it shall be granted to them by my heavenly Father."

Let us take Jesus up on this promise and pray assiduously for reconciliation in the Church, Community and Country. I believe in prayer. I believe in the word of God. I believe in miracle. I surrender the rest to God.

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2