JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, August 28, 2021

God is the Giver of ALL Good things.

"Dearest brothers and sisters: All good giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no alteration or shadow caused by change." (James 1: 17 - 18).

Sunday 29th August 2021, in the 22nd Week in Ordinary Time.

I encountered our key Scripture from the James 1: 17 - 18 in a hymn/poetic format in Liturgy of the Hours and it truly changed the way I see God and the operations of Divine Providence. This is how I see the teaching of James in the poetic format:
"T'is not from chance springs any of our comforts but from Your gracious ordaining..."

It means that not even the least comfort, joy, kindness, break, cool breeze, smile of the supermarket checkout cashier, nurse, etc is an accident. God has arranged all these events to make you happy.
The same idea appears in 2 Corinthians 1: 3:

"Blessed [gratefully praised and adored] be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort." (2 Corinthians 1: 3 AMP).

What is the above verse saying?
God our Father is the Father of ALL mercies. ALL mercies and ALL comforts. Not some mercies and some comforts.
The words  "accident, chance, coincidence, luck" do not appear in the Bible. Everything is governed by God's mighty, merciful and mysterious Providence. There is absolutely no exception to this rule.
To understand and believe this is life changing.

These spiritual writers have expounded brilliantly on the mystery of Divine Providence:
Augustine, Alphonsus Ligouri, Jean Pierre de Caussade, Claude de la Columbière, Jacques Philippe, John Flavel, Jean-Baptiste de Jure, etc.  Divine Providence is a subject of predilection in the Catholic tradition. French saints and spiritual writers of the 18th century truly delight in the Doctrine of Divine Providence.

When I owned this truth, I became free of bad lucks. There are no bad lucks. There are no good lucks.
"ALL THINGS work together for good to those who love God."
ALL THINGS MEANS ALL THINGS.

This knowledge increased my joy and gratitude in life. I went to a store two days ago. All the staff, about 6 of them greeted me with smiles and fist bump. I felt very happy not only when I was in the store but most of the day. Why? I knew without doubt that it was Jesus Himself showing me friendship through the staff of the store. Do not forget this hymn we sing in Church: "Ubi caritas, est ibi Deus." It means "Where love is, God is there." Where joy, friendship, kindness is, God is there.

When you believe this truth, you find yourself thanking God more than you had done all your life.

Speaking in IN SINU JESU, Jesus says: "What matters is not what you are thinking or saying, for I am pleased and comforted and glorified by your simply being with Me. Be present in My presence. This is what I ask of you. So many others among My priests leave Me alone in the Sacrament of My love. They grow cold, indifferent, and hard-hearted. An hour spent in My presence would be enough to reinflame their hearts, to move them to gratitude and love, and to open their souls to the grace of My friendship." (IN SINU JESU page 237).

To learn more about the God of ALL Providence, click the link below:

http://seekfirstcommunity.com/2020/09/abba-father.html?m=1

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2