JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The wicked are like chaff.

"Not so the wicked, not so;
they are like chaff which the wind drives away.
For the Lord watches over the way of the just,
but the way of the wicked vanishes." (Psalm 1: 3).

Thursday 21st October 2021, in the 29th Week in Ordinary Time.

We use today the Responsorial Psalm 1 for reflection. The theme of this beautiful and short Psalm can be: God’s Promises, Faith and Fulfillment.

"Blessed are they who hope in the Lord." Do you hope in the Lord? Or do you place your hope in the Government, Dollar, Supreme Court? Are you a happy person? Are you fulfilled?

Psalm 1 declares happy or blessed
"the man who follows not
the counsel of the wicked
Nor walks in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the company of the insolent,
But delights in the law of the Lord
and meditates on his law day and night."

That man is "like a tree
planted near running water,
That yields its fruit in due season,
and whose leaves never fade.
Whatever he does, prospers."

When does the promised fruit come? "In Due Season." That is in the fullness of time.

How about the wicked?
"Not so the wicked, not so; they are like chaff which the wind drives away.
For the Lord watches over the way of the just, but the way of the wicked vanishes." (Psalm 1: 4).

I recently read two books on Hitler and Napoleon back to back . These men were the two most powerful and wicked men in their time. What did I learn from the study? The wicked are indeed like chaff. They will not last. Their memories will not endure.

"I will not abandon or forsake you. I am faithful. I have chosen you and you are Mine. Why do you doubt My love for you? Have I not given you signs of My favour? Have I not shown you that My mercy has prepared for you a future full of hope? Did I not promise you years of happiness, of holiness, and of peace? My blessing is upon you and the designs of My Heart are about to unfold for you. You have only to trust Me. Believe that I will keep you as the apple of My eye." (IN SINU JESU, Thursday, February 14, 2008).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2