JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, November 25, 2021

The word of God is everlasting.

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.” (Luke 21: 33).

Friday 26th November 2021, in the 34th Week in Ordinary Time.

Jesus concluded the Parable of the Fig Tree in today's Gospel by asserting this great proclamation on the Word of God. "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.” The word of God is permanent. It is eternal. This world is temporary. It is vanishing as anybody can see from the consequences of global warming.

We are just a day away from the beginning of the Advent Season. A season of prayer. A season of waiting. A great season of opportunity. On 17th of December a couple of years ago, about a week to Christmas, I attended a noon Maas at the Cathedral. The celebrating priest whom I did not know well said something that caught my attention. "God the Father has a big gift for you this Christmas if you prepare yourself for the gift." The message was personal. I received it in faith. After the Mass, I asked for the identity of the priest and. I returned home and pinned the message on the wall.

The promise Abba Father made through Father M is still good for you and me today. What is the Big Gift in Scripture?
"And when they came together, he gave them this order: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift I told you about, the gift my Father promised." (Acts 1: 4 GNT).
The Big Gift, the Promise of the Father is the Holy Spirit. The greatest Gift.

God is faithful and fulfills all His promises especially if you ask for the Holy Spirit. Do not say 'But I have received the Holy Spirit.' Have you received the fullness of the Gift? Do you know that every morning can be a new Pentecost?

"The Lord’s acts of mercy are not exhausted, his compassion is not spent; They are renewed each morning - great is your faithfulness!
The Lord is my portion, I tell myself,
therefore I will hope in him.
The Lord is good to those who trust in him, to the one that seeks him;
It is good to hope in silence for the Lord’s deliverance." (Lamentations 3: 22 - 26).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the lovely message god bless you 🙏

    ReplyDelete

23-Psalm1to2