JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Rejoice! Rejoice! And Rejoice Sunday!

"Shout for joy, O daughter Zion! Sing joyfully, O Israel! Be glad and exult with all your heart, O daughter Jerusalem!  (Zephaniah 3: 14... 18).

Sunday 12th December 2021 of the 3rd Week of Advent is Gaudete Sunday. What is Gaudete? Gaudete means rejoice. Why be so joyful this 3rd Sunday of Advent? The Holy Spirit who assigns the Scriptures for the Liturgy urges us to rejoice and be glad. I will not interfere with any exposition of this Sunday's Scriptures. Read it slowly for yourself. Savor the word of God. Remember the word of God is Divine Command.  It accomplishes what it says. As you obey it and rejoice, joy will fill your heart and you will become aware of many reasons to be joyful. Here are my four reasons to be joyful this Sunday:

#1. "Cry out with joy and gladness: for among you is the great and Holy One of Israel.
God indeed is my savior;
I am confident and unafraid.
My strength and my courage is the Lord, and he has been my savior.
With joy you will draw water
at the fountain of salvation." (Isaiah 12).

#2. "Brothers and sisters: Rejoice in the Lord always. I shall say it again: rejoice! Your kindness should be known to all. The Lord is near. Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
(Philippians 4: 4 - 7).

#3. "Alleluia, alleluia. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring glad tidings to the poor. Alleluia, alleluia." (Alleluia Verse).

#4. “What should we do?” He [John the Baptist] said to them in reply, “Whoever has two cloaks should share with the person who has none. And whoever has food should do likewise.” (Luke 3: 10.... 18).

"Whenever you want to intercede with Me for another, it is enough for you to make your prayer as it comes to you through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, knowing that I will hear you and that My Heart is, at every moment, open to your supplications. I am more attentive in listening to your prayers than you could ever be in making them. Trust in Me. Believe in My tender and faithful love for you. I am your Friend, and I have chosen you to be the friend of My Eucharistic Heart. Why then would I not listen to your prayers and, in My infinite wisdom and merciful love, respond to them as I see fit?" (IN SINU JESU, December 13, 2009 Gaudete Sunday).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2