JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Who am I that the mother of my Lord will visit me?

"When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.” (Luke 1: 39.... 45).

Sunday 19th December 2021, 4th Sunday of Advent.

The Gospel of today from Luke 1 will be familiar to many people. This is the scene of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary to her cousin Elizabeth. We contemplate this mystery in the 2nd Joyful Mystery of the Rosary. Elizabeth is the host and filled with the Holy Spirit made three important prophetic utterances:

#1. “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb."

#2. "And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy."

#3. "Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.”

The Sacred Text elevated Elizabeth's utterance here to highly inspired by saying: "Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb."

God called Abraham and David righteous not because of works but because they believed the promises God made to them. (Cf Romans 4: 3, 6).
Mary said to the Angel:  "Behold the handmaid of the Lord, let it be done for me according to your word." Elizabeth said "Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.”

The word of God through Isaiah is fulfilled through Mary.
"Behold, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son; and his name will be called Emmanuel." (Isaiah 7: 14).

"Here I answer prayers and I will continue to do so, for this house is founded upon a great love and rooted in a profound faith. It is My desire that hope, too, should flourish within these sacred walls. My Eucharistic Heart has a special love for this house and for the souls who dwell within it, loving Me, serving Me, living to be so many living flames of adoration before My Eucharist Face. Comfort them with My words." (IN SINU JESU, Friday, February 8, 2008).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2