JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Feast of St Angela Merici, Virgin and Foundress.

I will shine my little light.

"Jesus said to his disciples,
“Is a lamp brought in to be placed under a bushel basket or under a bed, and not to be placed on a lampstand?"  (Mark 4: 21).

Thursday 27 January 2022 in the 3rd Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Angela Merici (1474 - 1540), Virgin. Born in Italy, she founded the Ursuline Order, "the first women teaching order approved by the Church... St Angela believed that the formation of Christian women is society's greatest need." (Roman Missal).

In Baptism, we receive the light of Christ.  As we participate in the Sacraments and the life of the Church, the little light we receive in Baptism grows.  Where do you place this light?  In the lampstand or in the closet?
To hide your light is futile.  Like a barren fig tree, you will be found out.

"For there is nothing hidden except to be made visible; nothing is secret except to come to light."  (Mark 4: 22).

It is more exciting to share the light you have.  Imagine the people who are desperate for it here and now. But you may say: I don't know what to say.  You have the Holy Spirit. Ask Him. Do you have the desire? If not, ask the Holy Spirit.  Jesus makes two promises with regard to our engagement with His word:

#1.  "The measure with which you measure will be measured out to you, and still more will be given to you."

#2.  "To the one who has, more will be given."

And a warning:
"From the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.”  (Mark 4: 24 - 25).

"A lamp to my feet is your word,
a light to my path."  (Psalm 119:105).

Jesus invites us to "approach with a sincere heart and in absolute trust" to participate in the work of Evangelization. (Cf Hebrews 10: 22)
His promise is trustworthy.

Amen! I accept Your word dear Jesus. I am the light of the world. It is Your intention that I be placed on a lampstand. Praise, honor and glory be to You. You want me to shine. I will. May the Father be fully glorified in me and in my work.

There is a time to learn and a time to teach. There is a time to be under the bushel basket and a time to be set on a lampstand. Today I am under a bushel basket. Where are you now?
When the student is ready, the Teacher appears.

"Today [while you were reading], I did not speak to you directly, but I spoke to you through My word, enlightening your heart as you read it, listening to Me. This is the way I would have you read the Scriptures always. Read what is written but incline the ear of your heart to My voice, which speaks to souls inwardly and gives light and understanding to those who seek it. I am present to you when you open the Scriptures and I want to enlighten you and instruct you. When you read My word, seek My Heart. When you read the Scriptures, seek My Face. You will find My Heart hidden in My word like the treasure hidden in the field, and you will discover My Face shining through the text and illuminating the eyes of your soul." (IN SINU JESU, Thursday, January 24, 2008).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2