JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

The Feast of St Polycarp, Bishop and Martyr.

O HOLY SPIRIT, COME INTO MY LIFE THROUGH MARY.

"At that time, John said to Jesus, “Teacher, we saw someone driving out demons in your name, and we tried to prevent him because he does not follow us.” Jesus replied, “Do not prevent him. There is no one who performs a mighty deed in my name who can at the same time speak ill of me. For whoever is not against us is for us."  (Mark 9: 38.... 48)

Wednesday 23rd February 2022, in the 7th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of an Apostolic Father, St Polycarp. (circa 69 - 155). Bishop of Smyrna in Turkey. Martyr. St Polycarp was instructed in the faith by St John the Apostle. He, Polycarp instructed St Irenaeus who became a Bishop and an early Church Father in France.

In the Gospel from Mark 9, we read:
"At that time, John said to Jesus, “Teacher, we saw someone driving out demons in your name, and we tried to prevent him because he does not follow us.”

A propos the sovereignty and independence of the Holy Spirit, Jesus says:  "The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” (John 3: 8 NIV).

Are you trying to block the action of the Holy Spirit in your life or in the life of someone else?
“Do not prevent him. There is no one who performs a mighty deed in my name who can at the same time speak ill of me. For whoever is not against us is for us."

What do you think of the work of evangelization going on by other Christian churches?
Do you believe that the presence of Jesus is active outside the Catholic Church?
Jesus Christ founded the Catholic Church. Let us thank the Lord Jesus who provided the path of salvation outside the Church.

"My Heart thirsts for the love of the saints. To those who come to Me, I will give love and holiness. And in this shall My Father be glorified.  And this shall come to pass through the intimate action of My Spirit. Where I am present in the Sacrament of My love, there also is the Spirit of the Father and of the Son. It is by the Holy Spirit that My Eucharistic presence is My glorious presence to the Father in heaven, and it is by the Holy Spirit that My Eucharistic presence touches the souls who adore Me to unite them to Me, and to bear them up even before My Father’s face."  (IN SINU JESU, Monday, October 29, 2007).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2