JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Your Child shall be Yeshua and Emmanuel

IF "THE FERVENT PRAYER OF A RIGHTEOUS PERSON IS VERY POWERFUL," HOW MUCH MORE THE PRAYER OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY, THE MOTHER OF GOD? "SON, THEY HAVE NO WINE.... DO WHATEVER HE TELLS YOU."

"The angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man named Joseph, of the house of David, and the virgin’s name was Mary. And coming to her, he said, “Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you.” But she was greatly troubled at what was said and pondered....

Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus....

But Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I have no relations with a man?” And the angel said to her in reply, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you.....

Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word.”  (Luke 1: 26..., 38).

Friday 25th March 2022 is the
Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord. A feast day in Lent: No fasting. No abstinence.
What does the Annunciation of the Lord celebrate?

"The Annunciation to Mary inaugurates "the fullness of time", the time of the fulfillment of God's promises and preparations. Mary was invited to conceive him in whom the "whole fullness of deity" would dwell "bodily". The divine response to her question, "How can this be, since I know not man?", was given by the power of the Spirit: "The Holy Spirit will come upon you." (CCC 484).

Mary heard the word of God from the Archangel Gabriel and believed what she heard. In the first Reading today, King Ahaz heard the word of God from the Prophet Isaiah (7: 10 - 14) and did not believe. Mary believed and became Mother of Christ and our exemplar in faith. Ahaz exhibited unbelief and became a nonentity in history.

Believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved.

"I am your Mother, the Mother given you by my Son Jesus, from the Cross, in the solemn hour of His sacrifice. And you are my son, dear to my Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart, precious to me, and ever under the mantle of my protection. Let me live with you as I lived with John, the second son of my Heart and the model for all my priest sons down through the ages. Speak to me simply and with complete trust in the compassion of my maternal Heart and in the power given to my maternal intercession." (IN SINU JESU, Wednesday, March 25, 2009).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2