JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, April 04, 2022

Feast of St Vincent Ferrer, OP.

THE DEVIL QUESTIONED THE IDENTITY OF JESUS DURING HIS TEMPTATION. "IF YOU ARE TRULY THE SON OF GOD..." IN EVERY TEMPTATION, THE DEVIL QUESTIONS OUR IDENTITY. ANSWER THE DEVIL:
"I AM WHO GOD SAYS I AM. I AM THE CHILD OF GOD. GOD IS SUPPLYING ALL MY NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS PROMISE.."
TRUST IN GOD TO HELP YOU.

"Jesus said to them [Pharisees], “You belong to what is below, I belong to what is above. You belong to this world, but I do not belong to this world. That is why I told you that you will die in your sins. For if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins.” So they said to him, “Who are you?”

Tuesday 5th April 2022 of the 5th week of Lent is the feast of St Vincent Ferrer, OP. (1357 - 1419). A Spanish Dominican. Versed deeply in Holy Scriptures and Theology, he can be discribed as a super preacher.
His powerful preaching stemmed the erosion of faith in Europe during one of the most contentious periods in Church history. The period of the pope and anti-pope, the Avignon Captivity was right in this period.
Vincent preached in Italy, France, Spain and Germany. St Vincent Ferrer died on April 5th 1419 at the age of 62.

In the Gospel of today, the Jews asked Jesus a point blank question: "Who are you?" Jesus ties Himself to the Father in the answers. "I always do what is pleasing to him. [Abba Father]”

Who are you? If you do not know who you are, the Devil will give you a spurious answer like we hear in the world: "I am born to be rich and great.. I am beautiful. I am Irish. I am American, etc." The correct answer is:  "I AM WHO YOU SAY I AM."
Who is WHO here? The Father who created us and gave us an identity. He calls you: My child. Baptized for eternal life. Light of the world. Fisher of men, etc. Know who you are and you give Satan a run for his money.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2