JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Ask for a double portion.

O HOLY SPIRIT, SPIRIT OF TRUTH, COME INTO OUR HEARTS: SHED THE BRIGHTNESS OF YOUR LIGHT ON ALL NATIONS, THAT THEY BE OF ONE FAITH AND PLEASING TO YOU. AMEN.

“When the Lord was about to take Elijah up to heaven in a whirlwind, he and Elisha were on their way from Gilgal. Elijah said to Elisha, “Please stay here; the Lord has sent me on to the Jordan.”.....

"When they had crossed over, Elijah said to Elisha, “Ask for whatever I may do for you, before I am taken from you.” Elisha answered, “May I receive a double portion of your spirit.” “You have asked something that is not easy,” Elijah replied. “Still, if you see me taken up from you, your wish will be granted; otherwise not.” As they walked on conversing, a flaming chariot and flaming horses came between them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. When Elisha saw it happen he cried out, “My father! my father! Israel’s chariots and drivers!” But when he could no longer see him, Elisha gripped his own garment and tore it in two.... .” (2 Kings 2: 1, 6....4).

Wednesday 15th June 2022, 11th Week in Ordinary Time.

Pentecost Sunday is barely two weeks ago. Our key Scripture presents us with the theme of a lavish outpouring of the Holy Spirit! In the Bible, there are multiple outpouring of the awesome Spirit. How many outpouring of the Holy Spirit can we expect? Some believe one and others two or three, viz Baptism, Confirmation and Holy Orders.

Actually Scripture shows that we can receive not just a double portion of the Holy Spirit but multiple portions. "With joy you will draw water from the fountains of salvation." (Isaiah 12: 3).
This water refers to the Holy Spirit who is available for multiple outpouring.

"The Lord’s acts of mercy are not exhausted, his compassion is not spent; They are renewed each morning— great is your faithfulness!
The Lord is my portion, I tell myself,
therefore I will hope in him." (Lamentations 2: 23 - 24).

Do not limit the Holy Spirit that God intends to replenish every morning. God does not ration the Holy Spirit.

"Whoever believes in me, as scripture says: ‘Rivers of living water will flow from within him." (John 7: 38).

The Prophet Elisha had a great intimation of God's generous plan for us when he asked:
“May I receive a double portion of your spirit.”

We should come to God in prayer like Elisha:  With bold confidence! Did Jesus not say that the Father does not ration the Holy Spirit?
Elijah replied Elisha: “You have asked something that is not easy." (2 Kings 2: 9 - 10).
For God all things are easy and possible.

Ask and you will receive. I will ask for a double portion of the Holy Spirit. I will ask for a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit every morning because God promises:
God renews His favors every morning because great is God's faithfulness!

6. 15. "I take Thee, O Sacred Heart, for the sole object of my love, the protection of my life, the pledge of my salvation, the remedy of my frailty and inconstancy, the reparation for all the defects of my life, and my secure refuge at the hour of my death." (Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2