JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, June 26, 2022

The Feast of St Cyril, Doctor of the Church and Patriarch of Alexandria.

"INDEED THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST RUNS THE RISK OF BEING DISBELIEVED PRECISELY BECAUSE IT IS SO INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL." - (ST CYRIL, PATRIARCH OF ALEXANDRIA).
EXACTLY. SO IS THE MYSTERY OF THE EUCHARIST. TOO WONDERFUL TO BE BELIEVED BY PEOPLE OF WEAK FAITH.

"When Jesus saw a crowd around him, he gave orders to cross to the other shore. A scribe approached and said to him, “Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.” Jesus answered him, “Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head.” Another of his disciples said to him, “Lord, let me go first and bury my father.” But Jesus answered him, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their dead.” (Matthew 8: 18  - 22).

Monday 27th June 2022, in the 13th Week of Ordinary Time is the feast of St Cyril of Alexandria in Egypt. (376 - 444). Bishop and Doctor of the Church. Cyril played a crucial role in the Council of Ephesus in 431 AD to defend the oneness of the person in Jesus Christ, true God and true Man. If Jesus is One Person, then the Blessed Virgin Mary is the Mother of God (Theotokos).

St Cyril listened to the words of Christ, meditated long on them.  During the crisis of faith that engulfed Christiandom in the middle of the 5th century, Cyril did not collapse from the virulent and battering attacks of heretics. His house "had been set solidly on rock."

Yesterday, Sunday 13th Week of Ordinary Time, we had proclaimed the Gospel of Jesus' call to ministry to three men from the Gospel of Luke. Why is the story being repeated today from the Gospel according to Matthew? The Call to Ministry is very important in the plan of salvation. These three men in the story are types of you and me: the men and women in the pew. In the course of his inspired sermon on the Gospel this Sunday, our pastor prayed for all those present in the Church to heed the call of Jesus.
"O that today you will listen to His voice, harden not your hearts." (Psalm 95).

St Cyril of Alexandria heard the call in the late 4th century in Egypt and answered the call with generosity. What about you?

6. 27. "My Sacred Heart is divinely sensitive to the coldness and indifference of My priests. I ask you to make reparation to Me for them. Allow Me to love you as I would love each of them. Allow Me to heal you, to comfort you, to sanctify you, just as I would heal, comfort, and sanctify any one of My priests. I love My priests—but few of them believe in My love for them. You, believe in My love for you. I am your Friend. I have chosen you to be in life and in death the privileged friend of My Sacred Heart."  (IN SINU JESU).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2