JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

The Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul.

THE MESSAGE OF PETER AND PAUL STILL GOES ROUND ALL OVER THE WORLD EVERY DAY.  THIS SUBSIST IN THE FULLNESS OF TRUTH IN THE HOLY, CATHOLIC AND APOSTOLIC CHURCH.

"When Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” They replied, “Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter said in reply, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

"Jesus said to him in reply, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” (Matthew 16: 13 - 19).

Wednesday 29th June 2022, in the 13th Week in Ordinary Time is the Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul.

This great feast has been celebrated for Peter and Paul together from the earliest days of the Church. Why?
Peter and Paul are recognized as the principal pillars of the Church. We declare in the Creed: "I believe in the holy Catholic and Apostolic Church." The one only Church founded by Jesus Christ on Pentecost Sunday is built on the foundation of the Apostles. Hence every Bishop in the Church enjoys legitimacy through Apostolic Succession from the original Twelve Apostles.

Scripture teaches that the Church is built on the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets. (Cf Ephesians 2: 20). Peter and Paul are joint managing directors of the institution, which is called the Church.

"You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it."  (Matthew 16: 18)
Paul got his mandate to be an Apostle directly from Jesus.

"Now I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel preached by me is not of human origin.  For I did not receive it from a human being, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ."  (Galatians 1: 11 - 12).

Peter and Paul were called to be friends and companions of Jesus before anything else.

"I ask you only to be My friend and to live at every moment in the grace of My divine friendship. All the rest follows. Perfection is the fruit of friendship with Me, not a precondition for it. You, and many souls like you, are confused about this. My friendship is not earned, it is not something acquired by measuring up to the standards of perfection that you have set for yourself. My friendship is pure gift." (IN SINU JESU).

Peter and Paul are the ones who, living in the flesh, planted the Church with their blood; they drank the chalice of the LORD and became the friends of God. (Cf Entrance Antiphon).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2