JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, December 08, 2022

Feast of St Juan Diego, Apostle of Mexico.

“Let not your heart be disturbed… Am I not here, who is your Mother? Are you not under my protection? Am I not your health? Are you not happily within my fold? What else do you wish? Do not grieve nor be disturbed by anything.” (Our Lady of Guadalupe to Juan Diego).

"Jesus said to the crowds:

“To what shall I compare this generation? It is like children who sit in marketplaces and call to one another, ‘We played the flute for you, but you did not dance, we sang a dirge but you did not mourn.’

"For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they said, ‘He is possessed by a demon.’

"The Son of Man came eating and drinking and they said, ‘Look, he is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is vindicated by her works.” (Matthew 11: 16 - 19).

Friday 9th December 2022 of the 2nd Week of Advent is the feast of St Juan Diego. (1474 - 1548). Mexican. Hermit and visionary. Our Blessed Mother appeared to this humble and simple Mexican Indian and used him to transform the nation of the Aztecs. "Behold the humble maid servant of the Lord. Be it done to me according to Your promise." God can use you and me to accomplish great things in the world. All He needs is humility and faith.

When Jesus compares us to little children in the marketplace who refuse to play the game according to rules, what is He saying? If you want to be an adult Christian, you must learn one truth and abide by it. Nobody can please the world. The world has no gold standard. It has rather arbitrary rules strung together to satisfy their selfish whims. The world controls people through Opinion Polls. Many people are terrified of adverse opinions from their neighbors, peers and from the public.

Jesus did not care what people think about Him. His greatest desire is to do the will of His Father. In His teaching in today's Gospel, Jesus is not theoretical. He gives examples:

"For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they said, ‘He is possessed by a demon.’ The Son of Man came eating and drinking and they said, ‘Look, he is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is vindicated by her works.” (Matthew 11: 18 - 19).

"Be on your guard, then, and be prudent, but without fear, because I am your Mother and, just as I said to my beloved little son Juan Diego, I hold you beneath my protecting mantle, in the crossing of my arms, close, very close to my Immaculate Heart. Trust in my protection. Yes, I am your Mother of Perpetual Help, ever ready to come to your rescue, ever ready to provide for your needs, to deliver you from danger, and to console you in sorrow. Approach me with childlike confidence and you will never be disappointed." (IN SINU JESU, Tuesday, December 9, 2008).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2