JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Celebrate the Word of God Sunday.

"The statutes of the Lord are true,
all of them just;
More desirable than gold, than a hoard of purest gold,
Sweeter also than honey or drippings from the comb.
By them your servant is warned;
obeying them brings much reward." (Psalm 19: 10 - 12).

Sunday 22nd January 2023 of the 3rd Week in Ordinary Time is the Word of God Sunday.

Below is the way Pope Francis suggests we observe the Word of God Sunday:

*1. Enthrone the sacred text.*
*2. Highlight the proclamation of the Word of the Lord.*
*3. Emphasise the honour due to the word of God in the homily* .
*4. Celebrate the Rite of Installation of Lectors or a commissioning of Readers.*
*5. Provide training for Readers.*
*6. Give a Bible, or one of its books, to everyone.*
*7. Encourage people to read and pray with Scripture daily,* *especially through the practice of Lectio Divina.

I rejoiced when Pope Francis established the Word of God Sunday in 2019 to be celebrated on the 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time. I love Sacred Scripture and Sacred Scripture has loved me back. It has given me joy, peace, hope and wisdom. On the 18th of January 2023, I clocked 6000 reflections on Daily Mass Scripture. Thank You Holy Spirit.

I celebrate the Word of God Sunday with the Responsorial Psalm 27 in today's Liturgy. Why? Because of the incredible promises in this Psalm 27. As mentioned above, Scripture has been good to me and on my part, I am greedy for all God's promises in Sacred Scriptures.

The Responsorial Psalm 27:
"The Lord is my light and my salvation;whom should I fear?
The Lord is my life’s refuge;
of whom should I be afraid?

"One thing I ask of the Lord;
this I seek: to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, that I may gaze on the loveliness of the Lord and contemplate his temple.

"I believe that I shall see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage;
be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord."

If you can wait for the Lord for the fullness of time, you will enjoy every one of the promises the Lord inspired you to appropriate and pray for.

Happy Word of God Sunday to all our readers.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2