JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, April 03, 2023

God is my refuge and my strength.

The LORD called me from birth.


"Hear me, O islands,

listen, O distant peoples.

The LORD called me from birth,

from my mother's womb he gave me my name.


He made of me a sharp-edged sword

and concealed me in the shadow of his arm.

He made me a polished arrow, in his quiver he hid me.

You are my servant, he said to me,

Israel, through whom I show my glory.


Though I thought I had toiled in vain,

and for nothing, uselessly, spent my strength,

Yet my reward is with the LORD,

my recompense is with my God.



For now the LORD has spoken who formed me as his servant from the womb,

That Jacob may be brought back to him

and Israel gathered to him;

And I am made glorious in the sight of the LORD,

and my God is now my strength!

It is too little, he says, for you to be my servant,

to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and restore the survivors of Israel;

I will make you a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth."  (Isaiah 49: 1 - 6).



Tuesday 4th April 2023, Tuesday of Holy Week.


In the first Reading from Isaiah 49: 1 - 6, God reveals His plan for you and for me if we are thirsty and ready to receive divine favors. God is searching every day for priest, prince and prophet to help proclaim the Good News and bring about the rapid return of Jesus Christ, King of endless glory. 


Abba Father, give me the light and illumination of the Holy Spirit that I may be a light for You everywhere.


You are so true and so faithful my God. Your precious and faithful promises are my security and protection.


"In you, O Lord, I take refuge; let me never be put to shame.

Be a rock where I can take refuge,

a mighty stronghold to save me; for you are my rock, my stronghold."

(Cf Psalm 71: 1 - 17)


Like Isaiah on this Tuesday of Holy Week, we pray with expectant faith for the grace to be a light that shines for Jesus in our homes and work.


Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2