JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, May 05, 2023

Now you know the Father.

Do you know Me? Then you know the Father. 

"Jesus said to his disciples: “If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” 

"Philip said to Jesus, “Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.” 

Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? 

"Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?

"The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.

"Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves.

"Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father.

"And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.” (John 14: 7 - 14). 

Saturday 6th May 2023 of the 4th Week in the Easter Season is the First Saturday in May. May is the Month of Mary. 

Jesus continues this intimate and profound conversation with His chosen friends in the Last Supper Discourses the night before His death. You may call this the Last Testament.

Jesus stated categorically: "If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” 

From what we learned from St Augustine and St Anselm of the nature of faith, my response to the Lord Jesus might be: "Amen Lord. I know the Father and I have seen Him."

Our great teachers of faith tell us that we believe so that we can understand. We understand in order to believe more. Although I see myself as a poor man, if the Lord Jesus says to me: Emmanuel, you are a billionaire. My response will be: "Yes, Lord Jesus. I am a billionaire." Is this what our Sister, the Blessed Mary did? "Let it be done to me according to Your word." And it was done to her precisely.

Jesus revealed a lot about the Father in this segment of the Last Supper Discourse. 

Brothers and sisters note how He ended it. 

"And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it." (John 14: 13 - 14).

The Father is glorified when He grants us favors in Jesus name.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2