JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, May 01, 2023

Feast of St Athanasius, Bishop and Doctor of the Church.

The Feast of St Athanasius, Bishop and Doctor of the Church. 


"The feast of the Dedication was taking place in Jerusalem. It was winter. And Jesus walked about in the temple area on the Portico of Solomon.


 So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, “How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.”


"Jesus answered them, “I told you and you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify to me. But you do not believe, because you are not among my sheep.


"My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. 



No one can take them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.” (John 10: 22 - 30).


Tuesday 2nd May 2023 of the 4th Week in the Easter Season is the feast of St Athanasius of Alexandria, Egypt (297 - 373) Bishop and Doctor of the Church.  


Athanasius is rightly called the Father of Orthodoxy. Athanasius was a key light at the Council of Nicaea (325), where he defended vigorously that Jesus Christ is true God (100%) and true Man (100%).


He defended this truth all his life and suffered much persecution from the Arians including several exiles. Athanasius' other great contribution to the early Church is the Life of St Anthony the Great, known also as St Anthony of the Desert or St Anthony of Egypt). Athanasius had personal acquaintance with St Anthony. The biography of the great Desert monk became the gold standard for monastic rules for the Church both in the East and the West.


In the Gospel of today, Jesus was in the Temple during the feast of the Dedication. The people accosted Him and challenged Him to tell them if He is the expected Messiah.

Jesus answered with our key Scripture verse for today:


"The works I do in my Father’s name testify to me." What does Jesus mean? His miracles: healing, casting out demons, raising the dead, feeding multitudes are evidence of who He is. These "works" should be sufficient proof to anyone who is well disposed towards Him.


His sheep who are well disposed towards Him, hear His teachings and see His miracles and they believe in Him. This group do not waste time seeking for proof after proof about what should be obvious to men of good will. If you consider you are one of the sheep of Jesus, do you believe in these revealed truth about Jesus Christ below:


I believe in Jesus Christ the Only Son of God, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. The third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God.


This is our ancient Faith. The Faith of Christians who are the sheep of Jesus Christ.


When Jesus is your good Shepherd, He promises that His sheep will be fully provided for and fully protected from all dangers. Learn to trust in Jesus for all your needs.


Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2