JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

The Feast of St Justin Martyr.

The Feast of St Justin Martyr. 

"As Jesus was leaving Jericho with his disciples and a sizable crowd, Bartimaeus, a blind man, the son of Timaeus, sat by the roadside begging. 

"On hearing that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, son of David, have pity on me.”  

"And many rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he kept calling out all the more, “Son of David, have pity on me.” 

"Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” So they called the blind man, saying to him, “Take courage; get up, Jesus is calling you.”

"He threw aside his cloak, sprang up, and came to Jesus.

"Jesus said to him in reply, “What do you want me to do for you?” 

"The blind man replied to him, “Master, I want to see.” 

"Jesus told him, “Go your way; your faith has saved you.” 

”Immediately he received his sight and followed him on the way." (Mark 10: 46 - 52).

Thursday June 1st, 2023 in the 8th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Justin Martyr. (+ 165). 

Born in Samaria in Palestine, he is an eminent philosopher and the first apologist in the Church. He defended the Christian faith in his writings in Rome where he established a school of public debate. St Justin was beheaded under Emperor Marcus Aurelius.

Justin is the patron saint of apologists, philosophers, teachers and speakers.

Our key Scripture introduces us to the lovable character Bartimaeus. He teaches us that great faith is born of great need. It reminds us of the maxim: No cross, no crown. No trial, no triumph. Bartimaeus used the liability of his blindness to climb the ladder of faith to meet the Son of David who was impressed by his determination and faith and said to Bartimaeus:

“What do you want me to do for you?” The blind man replied to him, “Master, I want to see.”  Jesus told him, “Go your way; your faith has saved you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed him on the way." (Mark 10: 51 - 52).

What a truly beautiful story. Won't you like to have the faith and courage of Bartimaeus? Not when we shrink from the least discomfort. Our pains and trials could be the setting for the powerful and merciful Providence of God to elevate our faith and bring us the kind of healing we need.

Jesus, I trust in Your merciful love. I remain steadfast in Your love. I cling tightly to Your love come what may. I believe firmly in Your loving and powerful Providence. I do not depend on my filthy works. I surrender myself completely to You. Take care of everything Your way according to Your Plan for my life. Amen.

JUNE IS THE MONTH THE CHURCH HONORS THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS. Honor the Sacred Heart of Jesus every day in June. 

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2