JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, September 17, 2023

Jesus praises the faith of the Centurion.

The Amazing Faith of the Roman Centurion. 


"When Jesus had finished all his words to the people, he entered Capernaum. 


"A centurion there had a slave who was ill and about to die, and he was valuable to him.

"When he heard about Jesus, he sent elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and save the life of his slave. 


"They approached Jesus and strongly urged him to come, saying, “He deserves to have you do this for him, for he loves our nation and he built the synagogue for us.”

"And Jesus went with them, but when he was only a short distance from the house, the centurion sent friends to tell him, “Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof. Therefore, I did not consider myself worthy to come to you; but say the word and let my servant be healed.


".... For I too am a person subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come here,’ and he comes; and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” 

"When Jesus heard this he was amazed at him and, turning, said to the crowd following him, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.”

"When the messengers returned to the house, they found the slave in good health." (Luke 7: 1 - 10).


Monday September 18th 2023 in the 24th Week in Ordinary Time.


Do you remember where you hear our key Scripture for today?

"Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof. Therefore, I did not consider myself worthy to come to you; but say the word and let my servant be healed."

Of course at the Mass before Holy Communion. These are the extraordinary affirmation of faith of the Centurion that astonished Jesus. These words are part of the Liturgy of the Holy Eucharist used worldwide.


"When Jesus heard the centurion say this, He was amazed at him and, turning, said to the crowd following him, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.” When the messengers returned to the house, they found the slave in good health."


Faith is the key to everything you want in life. Without faith, you waste your time attending Holy Mass every day, saying hundreds of Rosaries, going on pilgrimages every year. 


One atom of faith will give you everything plus peace and contentment. 


There are two ways I know to get strong faith:


1.Study the word of God until you are saturated with all the instances of the manifestations of great faith, viz: Abraham, Jacob, David, Elijah, Isaiah, Virgin Mary, Joseph, Peter, James and John and Paul. 


2. Ask God in sincere and unrelenting prayer for the gift of Faith: "Father, give me faith or kill me. I can no longer live without faith. I am tired of this life without faith. 


Since I never consider myself the scholarly type, Option 2 is my path. I battle God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit over faith. I know I am winning. I know I will win. 


In September, the Church honors the Sorrowful Heart of Mary. May the Blessed Virgin Mary, Our Lady of Sorrows obtain for us  mercies from her Son Jesus. 

For Prayers of Consecration to the Immaculate and Sorrowful Heart of Mary, Litany, Promises of Mary to those who say the Holy Rosary, etc click the link below:


http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2023/06/immaculate-heart-of-mary-consecration.html?m=10


Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2