JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, December 16, 2023

The One Who called me is faithful. He will accomplish it.

The One Who called me is faithful. 

"The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me;

“He has sent me to bring glad tidings to the poor, to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and release to the prisoners,

to announce a year of favor from the LORD and a day of vindication by our God.

“I rejoice heartily in the LORD,

in my God is the joy of my soul; for he has clothed me with a robe of salvation and wrapped me in a mantle of justice, like a bridegroom adorned with a diadem, like a bride bedecked with her jewels.

As the earth brings forth its plants, and a garden makes its growth spring up, so will the Lord GOD make justice and praise spring up before all the nations." (Isaiah 61:1-2A, 10-11).

Sunday December 17th of the third Week of Advent.

I rejoice greatly in the message from Isaiah proclaimed in the first Reading today. 

No false modesty, I believe that the Holy Spirit is in me. I have grown to cherish the Holy Spirit because of His inspirations and power which I value enormously. I am also thankful for His gifts of prayer and joy.

When I read of what I am anointed to do, I became frightened. 

The Spirit of the Lord  "has sent me to bring glad tidings to the poor, to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and release to the prisoners,

to announce a year of favor from the LORD and a day of vindication by our God."

I am greatly encouraged when I found the answer to my fears in the second Reading from 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24:

"May the God of peace make you perfectly holy and may you entirely, spirit, soul, and body, be preserved blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The one who calls you is faithful, and he will also accomplish it."

Brethren, the One who called us to the ministry "is faithful, and he will also accomplish it." What joyful words!

Happy Advent!

"Mary was conceived without original sin. This grace and privilege are fitting in view of the birth and death of her Son Jesus Christ, who is the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity. 

"O God, who by the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, did prepare a worthy dwelling place for Your Son, we beseech You that, as by the foreseen death of this, Your Son, You did preserve Her from all stain, so too You would permit us, purified through Her intercession, to come unto You."

For the Immaculate Conception Devotions and Prayers and Prayer intentions click the link below:

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2023/11/novena-of-immaculate-conception.html?m=1

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2