JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, October 24, 2005

MY TOP 10 SCRIPTURES

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life" (John 14:6).

St Jerome wrote: "Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ."

I have listed below ten out of hundreds of scriptures that have provided me with healing truths. As St Paul tells Timothy: "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching the truth, rebuking error, correcting faults, and giving instruction for right living, so that the person who serves God may be fully qualified and equipped to do every kind of good deed" (2 Timothy 4: 16-17). These scriptures have helped me to gain victory in life's big battles.

1. "Do not be afraid! Stand firm, and you will see what Yahweh will do to rescue you today: The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. Yahweh will do the fighting for you; all you need to do is to keep calm." (Exodus 14: 13-14)

2. "Have the book of this Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may carefully keep everything that is written on it. Then your undertakings will prosper, then you will have success. Have I not told you: Be strong and stand firm? be fearless and undaunted, for go where you may, Yahweh your God is with you." (Joshua 1: 8-9)

3. "Be strong, stand firm, have no fear, do not be afraid of them, for Yahweh your God is going with you; he will not fail you or desert you." (Deut 31:6)

4. "Trust wholeheartedly in Yahweh, put no faith in your own perception; acknowledge him in every course you take, and he will see that your paths are smooth.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

5. "Yahweh is my shepherd, I lack nothing. In grassy meadows he lets me lie. By tranquil streams he leads me to restore my spirit. He guides me in paths of saving justice as befits his name. " (Ps 23: 1-2)

6. "Bless Yahweh my soul, from the depths of my being, his holy name; bless Yahweh, my soul, never forget all his acts of kindness.
He forgives all your offences, cures all your diseases, he redeems your life from the abyss, crowns you with faithful love and tenderness; he contents you with good things all your life, renews your youth like an eagle's." (Ps 103: 1-5)

7. "Yes, I know what plans I have in mind for you, Yahweh declares, plans for peace, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremaiah 29:11)

8. "Then Yahweh answered me and said, 'Write the vision down, inscribe it on tablets to be easily read. For the vision is for its appointed time, it hastens towards its end, and it will not lie; although it may take some time, wait for it, for come it certainly will before too long. You see, anyone whose heart is not upright will succumb, but the upright will live through faithfulness." (Habakkuk 2: 2-4)

9. "Set your mind on God's kingdom and his justice before everything else, and all the rest will come to you as well. So do not be anxious about tomorrow; tomorrow will look after itself. Each day has troubles enough of its own." (Matthew 6: 33-34)

10. "If this enterprise, this movement of theirs, is of human origin it will break up of its own accord; but if does in fact come from God you will be unable to destroy them. Take care not to find yourselves fighting against God." (Acts 5: 38-39)

Commentaries on the Bible
Bible Concordances
Thesaurus of the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2