JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, October 28, 2005

Writing

"Furthermore, my child, you must realize that writing books involves endless hard work, and that much study wearies the body.”
(Ecclesiastes 12: 12)NJB

The desire to write is one of my earliest ambitions. I started the habit of keeping journals towards in the end of my high school and discontinued this habit when I left college. . During my desert experience, I went back to serious journal keeping. There was no particular method to my journal keeping. I tried to jot down something everyday.

What are the contents of my journal? Reflections on scripture passages; insights from my desert experience; events that I consider significant during the course of the day. When I have nothing to write, I write down the mundane activities of the day. One habit I would like to form is to review my journals on a systematic basis. Whenever I did this, I have derived some pleasure and sometimes insights from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2