JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Invitation of the King

“Why have you been standing here idle all day? You go into my vineyard too.”
(Matthew 20: 6 – 7)

In this parable, Christ assures us that we have a place in his vineyard. Everybody who is prepared to work is welcome. So stop worrying about job. Christ says to you: “You go into my vineyard too.” He promises to pay you a fair wage. But first, you must go to the market place where workers are hired. Make yourself available through listening to God’s word and doing whatever he tells you.

Today, we recall two teachings of Jesus with regard to job:
  • “Come and follow me and I will make you fisher of men.”

  • “You go into my vineyard too.”

What is your response? This is the invitation of the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2