JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, November 14, 2005

Prepared for Opposition?

“Now we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of man is about to be handed over the chief priests and scribes. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the pagans to be mocked and scourged and crucified; and on the third day he will rise again.”
(Matthew 20: 17 – 19)

Today I hear Christ foretell about his passion. What does this say to me?
  • Be prepared about what will surely happen. You are warned.

  • Shocking events will take place. If you are prepared, it helps you to absorb the shock.

  • I am the Master of events and in control of every situation. This is why I know of these events.

  • I say to you: be prepared and have confidence in me.

As I answer the call to follow Christ, to renounce myself, pick up my cross and follow him, this prophecy of Christ about his passion applies to me as well. The world will oppose me. Am I prepared for this opposition?

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2