JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, March 10, 2006

You have been with me

You have been with me

“When the Advocate comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who issues from the Father, he will be my witness.  And you too will be my witnesses, because you have been with me from the outset.” (John 15: 26-27)

The Holy Spirit witnesses to the presence of Jesus in the world.  How?  Through the activities of the Church:  teaching, preaching, feeding and healing.  How does the Holy Spirit witness to the presence of Christ in the individual?  I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in me through peace and tranquility, joy and consolations, light and guidance, encouragement and patience.  The deep attraction to the word of God and facility in prayer are also signs of the presence of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus tells me in John 15: 26-27 that I too shall be his witness.  How?  I can witness to Christ today through my kind and considerate words, encouragement of others, selfless service, bearing my crosses patiently and cheerfully.

Lord Jesus, thank you for your words.  I know that today you will present me with many opportunities to witness to you.  Help me not to fail.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2