JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Jesus and Crisis

Jesus and Crisis

“Catching sight of Jesus from a distance, he (legion) ran up and fell at his feet and shouted at the top of his voice, ‘What do you want with me Jesus, Son of the Most high God? ….”  (Mark 5: 6 – 8)

What impresses me in this incident is Jesus’ reaction to sudden crisis.  He is utterly calm.  I encountered him a short while ago sleeping soundly in the face of a severe storm and gale.  When he was confronted here by the Legion, he did not shake.  Can I imitate this calm?  What is the source of this profound calmness of Jesus?  Jesus is deeply aware of who he is – the Son of God.  I too by virtue of my Baptism I am a son of God.  Why do I often lack faith in who I am?  I believe the reason is a result of sense evidence.  I see too many failures around that I wonder whether I am not being presumptuous or simply naïve.  What do I need?  I need a strong and dynamic faith, the type of faith that does not look right or left at the storm or the gale but is focused Jesus.

Lord, grant me this faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2