JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Lack of Faith

Lack of Faith

“Prophets are respected everywhere except in their own home town and by their relatives and their family.”  (Mark 6:4)

Three things struck me in Mark 6: 1 – 6:

Jesus was a teacher who taught with wisdom.  Since I perceive my mission as learning and teaching, I ask Jesus everyday to grant me wisdom and power so that I can fulfill my life’s work.

His town people lacked faith in him because they thought that they knew his origin.  I approach the word of God everyday in order to know Jesus better.  Familiarity with Jesus should increase my faith and not breed contempt of him.

Faith is a condition for miracle.  Jesus performed few miracles in his town because of their unbelief.

Lord Jesus, teach me wisdom.  Train me to teach like yourself.  Grant me strong faith in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2