JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Glad Tidings

Glad Tidings

“How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brought glad tidings, announcing peace, bearing good news, announcing salvation, and saying to Zion, ‘Your God is King!”  (Isaiah 52: 7)

This scripture seems to point to the mission of John the Baptizer.  John was the messenger with glad tidings.  He was the chosen herald who announced the coming of Jesus and all it brings:  peace, salvation and good news.

John the Baptizer has done his work and is gone.  But the work of announcing the good news and glad tidings continue to this day.  I believe that the Father draws me near to Jesus in order to participate in this work.

How do I respond to those I meet who are hungry for the word of God?  
  • I ask the Holy Spirit to lead and guide my response.

  • I ask Mary, Queen of the Apostles to help me.

  • I give them a short personal testimony relating to their situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2