JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Sufficiency of God's Provision

The Sufficiency of God’s Provision

“The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need.”  (Psalm 23:1)

What I have today is exactly what I need.    The money I have now is sufficient.  The tools I have today are the tools I need.    With regard to money, God tells me:  “Be satisfied with what you have.” (Hebrews 13: 5)

The understanding of the truth of the sufficiency of God’s provision is the foundation of my contentment.  That God is truly providing everything I need moment by moment is a staggering truth that appears to good to be true.  But it is.  To believe this and to submit to God’s most loving and powerful providence is to live in boundless joy, peace and contentment.
The Lord renews my youth as an eagle. (Psalm 103:5)

“He guides me in the right paths, as he promised.”  Today, I am in desperate need for guidance.  What is the next step in the Enterprise?  The Lord has promised me guidance and surely he is leading me step by step.    This is sufficient for me.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In everything you do, acknowledge him and he will direct all your paths.” (Proverbs 3: 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2