JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Armor of God

The Armor of God

“Saul dressed David in his own armor; he put a bronze helmet on his head, dressed him in a breastplate and buckled his own sword over David’s armor. David tried to walk but, not being used to them, said to Saul, ‘I cannot walk in these; I am not used to them.’ So they took them off again.” (1 Samuel 17:38)

What are the big fights facing me at the moment? Which Goliath am I facing? Which armor am I putting on for the battle? How does God see my situation today? Which armor is God offering?

“That is why you must take up all God’s armor, or you will not be able to put up any resistance on the evil day, or stand your ground even though you exert yourselves to the full.

So stand your ground, with truth a belt round your waist, and uprightness a breastplate, wearing for shoes on your feet the eagerness to spread the gospel of peace and always carrying the shield of faith so that you can use it to quench the burning arrows of the Evil One. And then you must take salvation as your helmet and the sword of the Spirit, that is, the word of God.” (Ephesians 6: 13 – 17)

Which armor are you putting on in your struggles today? God’s armor or man’s? To fight Goliath, David rejected man’s armor and put on God’s armor.

Do I have instances in my life where the choice between God’s armor and man’s mad a critical difference?

These scripture passages are a few of the many scriptures that represent God’s armor when I faced Goliath in the areas of job, finance, health, etc in my life:

“Yahweh your God himself will lead you across.” (Deuteronomy 31: 3)

“The Lord is my shepherd, I have everything I want.” (Psalm 23:1)

Finally, David answered Goliath defiantly:

“But I come to you in the name of Yahweh Sabaoth, God of the armies of Israel, whom you have challenged …. So that the whole world may know that there is a God in Israel, and this whole assembly know that Yahweh does not give victory by means of sword and spear – for Yahweh is Lord of the battle and he will deliver you into our power.” (1 Samuel 17: 45 – 47)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2