JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Proven Help

“God is both refuge and strength for us, a help always ready in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1)

Can I apply my faith in the real presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist and the Blessed Sacrament to the above scripture? That is to believe that in every trouble, delay, disappointment and obstacle that God is a truly present and ready to help. This belief empowers and transforms the situation completely.

Once upon a time, I went to bed at night for the usual night rest. At the middle of the night, a thief broke into my home. I saw him from the bedroom window upstairs walking to my front door. In spite of my knowing the Jesus prayer, that is, simply repeating the name of Jesus, I did not think of God as a present help in time of trouble. What did I do? I started shouting for human help and I was disappointed. I forgot completely that “God is both refuge and strength for us, a help always ready in trouble.” Several hours after the crisis, I remembered the correct thing to do.: to ask God who is a proven source of help before I shout for human help.

Lord, grant me the grace never to forget this lesson. Help me in crisis to seek your help first of all and then to do whatever you tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2